At the beginning of the summer I decided it was time to get in shape and decided to start, or attempting to run. I have never been a runner ever in my life. When I was in high school I didn't mind short distance running but never anything over 1 mile. So when I decided to start running I set a goal for the end of summer and it was to complete a 5K. This was to keep me motivated and keep me running.
When my sister was out here for 2 1/2 weeks I didn't run at all, then it took me a while to get into it again. Then my friends who are training for a marathon told me about this run on September 11. So I got back into running again so that I would be ready to run it.
Saturday morning John was supposed to run up Mt. Vesuvius for CPO Selectee training, however, it rained all night Friday so when he woke up Saturday morning he found out it was canceled. When I got up to get ready for the run he decided he would join me. We got ready and headed to the gym for registration.
Registration started at 9:30 that morning then at 10 they started the 1 mile family fun run. This one is for families so they can run with their kids. Then when everyone finished that run they started the 5K. By 10:30 it was starting to get pretty warm outside and I was not excited about running in the 85* weather but we did it anyways.
John ran with me at my pace and we ended up finishing in 33 minutes and 48 seconds. It is a pretty slow time but I was very proud of myself for completing my personal summer goal. Now that I have completed my first 5K I am looking forward to running in the future and hopefully being able to run on Oct 10 in the Susan G Komen Italia 5K.
No comments:
Post a Comment