Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Congrats CHIEF GLAMM!!

All the work finally paid off!! On Thursday September 16th John was FINALLY pinned as a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy. It was such a proud rewarding moment for both of us.

The Wednesday before John had to leave at 4:30 am for his last day of induction. When he left that morning it was the last time I got to see him until pinning the next day at 1pm. It was a very nerve racking day for me, just hoping that everything was going good for him and that he was making it through the day.

Thursday morning I woke up and started getting ready. I was so excited and nervous all at the same time. By the time I finally finished getting ready it was time to head up to the theater and get the day started. I got to the theater a little after 12 and was so excited to see John. It was a little weird seeing him in all Khaki but it was a good weird.

The ceremony started at 1 and it was such a good experience sitting through it all. I had the honor of pinning John with his anchors and by the time it was his turn I was so nervous and shaking I didn't think I was going to make it up to him. When his sponsor handed me the pins I was shaking so bad that I dropped one of the backs. Luckily the ribbons on John's uniform caught it so it didn't fall all the way to the ground.

Once the ceremony was over a good friend of ours Shannon took a few pictures of John and I outside in his new uniform. Then we headed over to the community center for the reception. We didn't stay there too long, just long enough for them to cut the cake and have a piece.

Then it was time to head home and let John get some sleep, he was exhausted.
ETCM Mark s. Witherell ~ he was the Master of Ceremonies (the one who did most of the talking)
John standing in formation with the rest of the CPO Selectees waiting to get pinned
All the Selectees
US flag with the Navy flag
Guest Speaker Vice Admiral Harry B. Harris
Standing with Nick (John's Sponsor) waiting to walk up to John
John waiting for us in the center
SO NERVOUS!
But I got the pins on his shirt
YAY he was FINALLY pinned!
Another pic with my beautiful flowers
CHIEF JOHN GLAMM
Front and center singing Anchors Away
Being Silly during the congratulatory line
Close up of John in the big group of Chiefs
Naples Area Chiefs
Chiefs of CTF 69 (where John works)
I am so PROUD of him
Quick shot with Shannon after the ceremony
Shannon took a few pics outside in John's New Uniform

I LOVE HIM!!
One of the Three cakes at the reception
The NEW Chiefs
Since John was the youngest chief he got to cut one of the cakes, obviously he was having a good time with it
He looks good in Khakis
One of my beautiful bouquets
Stargazers in my other bouquet
A very pretty flower, but now sure what it is

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment