Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, July 30, 2011

69 Command Picnic

Last night was the 69 summer picnic, and somehow I managed to not get any pictures. It was held on support site right next to the pool, so after the pool closed to the public we had it for the next three hours. The picnic started early in the afternoon so I didn't go right when it started but waited a few hours. Since it was the whole command and not just the watch floor, when I got there I didn't know very many people there. I met up with a bunch of the families that I do know and we had a great time.

We pretty much just hung out, talked and grabbed something to eat while we waited to head into the pool. I had told Shannon I would help with the boys since she is about 7 month pregnant. Once we got to the pool the water was freezing but the little ones were having a blast. I stayed in the kiddy pool the whole time helping out with Gabe and Isaiah.

Once we finished swimming, which didn't last long because everyone was shivering, we headed back out to the picnic in time to watch people finish the clean-up. There were a few of us that ended up staying out there talking until about 10 o'clock.

I had a good time and glad I went. Was nice to get out of the house and spend so time with the girls since I have been here by myself for the last week. John has been in Rota, Spain working on a boat for the last week and hopefully he will be back in the next day or two.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment