The time is finally here and I have made it out to Italy. It was a long day of flying but it was all worth it. To start off the trip…I was supposed to leave Amarillo at 12:40 Tuesday afternoon, but around 11 I received a phone call telling me that my flight was canceled. I called the airlines and they put me on another flight out at 2:55 and I was still going to make it to Dallas in time to catch my next flight. So once I finally made it to Dallas, they boarded the flight only to get everyone on the plane and situated, to tell us to get back off the plane. Something on the plane was messed up so they had to deplane to get it fixed. By the time we re-boarded and took off we were an hour behind. I flew from Dallas to Madrid, Spain for a total at 9 ½ hours. The good thing was, the plane was not full so no one was sitting beside me, I was able to lay down and sleep the whole way so it went by pretty quick. Then my last flight was from Madrid to Rome. That one was about 2 ½ hours but I slept for most of it also. John drove up from Naples to pick me up so once all the flying was done I still had another 2 ½ hour drive home. I finally made it to the house Wednesday afternoon around 5. It was so good to see John again though.
Here are a few pictures that I took on the drive from Rome to Naples. There are not a lot right now but I plan on taking quite a few so keep checking pack.
Here are a few pictures that I took on the drive from Rome to Naples. There are not a lot right now but I plan on taking quite a few so keep checking pack.
Flying over the coast of Italy
No comments:
Post a Comment