Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, December 24, 2009

CHRISTMAS EVE IN ROME!!

John and I have met a really nice family here in Italy, the Colemans, and they were going up to Rome today to pick up Whitney’s dad and step-mom. Since John and I haven’t been up to Rome yet they asked us to go along with them and see some of the sights. We couldn’t think of a better way for spending our Christmas Eve than roaming around Rome so we took them up on their offer.

Rome was even cooler than I had ever imagined. You just can’t believe all the history in one city. I have some pictures for now but I can’t wait to go back up there. We were there for a few hours and didn’t even get close to seeing everything. We walked around the Colosseum, and got to see a few of the ruins around that area. Then we went to the Vatican City and looked around there some. That again was one of the neatest things to see but I want to go back as well and look around some more. After the Vatican Whitney and Brad took us all to a restaurant, can’t remember the name of it, but it was some of the best food I’ve ever tried. Then it was time to head home, we were expecting a 2 hour drive back to Naples, but boy were we wrong. We ran into traffic before getting out of Rome so our drive turned into a 4 hour drive. But all in all I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas Eve, but I can’t wait for Christmas morning!!!
Il Vittoriano ~ Victor Emmanuel II Monument

Some of the ruins from Piazza Venezia


Some more ruins
A door for another layer of the city
Colosseo ~ Colosseum
John and I with the Colosseum in the background

Arch of Constantine
Colosseum again
The Vatican Wall
Walking into the Vatican
Pillars around the Vatican
One of the fountains
The 3 top windows on the right side of the building look into the Pope's Room
Basilica di San Pietro ~ St. Peter's Basilica

Huge Christmas Tree in the middle of the Vatican
Part of the Nativity Scene
The rest of it



Bridge of Angels
Outside the Vatican looking back at it

No comments:

Post a Comment