Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, December 11, 2009

Gingerbread House and Early Christmas!!

John and I had a very fun and exciting day today. He had to go into work this morning so while he was there he checked the mail and we had a package from my family. When he got home we went through it and it had lots of Christmas presents in it. Along with all the presents was a Christmas time favorite of mine, Hickory Farms Summer Sausage and their white chocolate peppermints. I LOVE THEM!! So I was super excited just to get that. But we also each had 1 present that we got to open now and the rest we have to wait for Christmas morning.
He wasn't very happy the name tag reads ~ To: John, From: Don't Open Till Dec. 25th
He liked this one ~ To: John, From: Open Now
Opening his first present this Christmas!!

Finally a new board game, NO MORE SCRABBLE!!
Opening my first present...

I got new underware!!
We also planned on making our Gingerbread House today. Mom used to make them for Christmas every couple of years, then last year was the first time we did them again in I don’t know how many years. It was a lot of fun so I decided John and I would make one this year and see how it turned out. Well needless to say we cannot build the frame of the house as good as dad can but we (or John) managed to get it close. Then after, I think, 3 trips to the NEX and Commissary we were finally able to finish the Gingerbread House.
John starting on the frame of the house.
Gluing it together
Finally starting to put the graham crackers on
John working on some graham crackers

John working on the snow, which is the base for the house
I caught him eating the candy decorations
Putting the gum drops on
I was in charge of the icing

We finished it!! ~ The front
Right side
Left side
Back
We are getting closer to having everything ready for our first Christmas together and we are both really excited. The only thing that we are still missing I think is our Stockings. I decided to take after mom and make our stockings. Well that turned out to be a lot harder, or take a lot longer, than I originally anticipated. The stockings are made from cross stitch and I finally finished John’s about a week ago and got it in the mail to Noni, my grandmother. She put the backs on them and got them back in the mail a couple of days ago, so HOPEFULLY they will make it in time for Christmas morning.
Our BIG red poinsettia
Our little baby marble and white poinsettias





1 comment:

  1. Bethenie, I am so glad that you included your blog on your Christmas card! I am so envious that you're in Italy; I would love to be able to talk Rob into an Italian vacation. Also, please let me know where you got your return address stamp. It is super cute and I'm pretty sure I need one!

    ReplyDelete