I started all the cooking on Wednesday afternoon, I had originally planned on making a cheesecake for dessert but all of our wedding gifts didn’t make it when they were supposed to so I didn’t have a blender to make the cheesecake. So I ended up making a pecan pie and a pumpkin pie. John and I can’t seem to agree on one dessert that we both like besides cheesecake so I had to make 2 desserts. The cooking continued on Thursday when we got back from Rome. I had to get the ham in the oven so that it could slow cook through the night and be ready Christmas Day for lunch. Then I also had to make the dough for the rolls.
Christmas morning was so much fun, John and I got up around 9 and got ready so we could open presents. We spent about a half hour or so opening presents, my sister, and his mom sent us some gifts, then we had our gifts to each other. Then it was time to clean up all the wrapping paper and get started on lunch. We had to take the ham out, and make the rolls, vegetables, macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes. Then around 12 a couple of guys that John works with came over to eat lunch and hang out for a little while. So after lunch we spent the afternoon playing Wii then the guys played the Xbox for a little bit. Once the guys left John and I relaxed and watched some TV then pulled out one of his gifts. Bri got him Mario Kart, so we played that the rest of the night.
I hope everyone else had as good of a day as we did.
Our First Christmas Together
MERRY CHRISTMAS!! John opening his stocking
Mario Kart from Bri
Opening his second gift from Bri
Loaded Questions
No comments:
Post a Comment