Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, January 7, 2011

Reindeer Run

John and I have been running a few 5K's together this year, and we ended off the year with a good one. MWR on base holds many different 5K's throughout the year as fundraisers, some have a bunch of people that participate and others don't have as many, but they are still fun and we get to hang out with friends while waiting and afterwards. On December 18 MWR held their last 5K of the year, and it was not the best but it all worked out.

The 3 to 4 days leading up to the run were freezing, literally. The run was Saturday morning and Friday morning when I woke up it was only 25* outside. At that point I decided I wasn't going to run because the weather had just kept getting colder and colder. I did talk to a friend that runs too and she said she would try it, so John and I woke up Saturday morning to slightly warmer weather but RAIN!! It was still a little over an hour before the run actually started so we thought we would go sign up and see how the weather was closer to time.

Well the rain was off and on and nothing to hard so we decided we would go ahead and run and see what happened. So around 10:30 or so we started running. We came to the first and longest stretch of the run and we were running straight into the wind and it started raining again. Once we turned and got out of the wind it wasn't so bad, but I can honestly say I DO NOT like running in wind and rain. We did finish the run in 31 min. which is the fastest we have completed a 5K so I guess we are slowly getting better. We will just have to wait and see how the next one goes, even though I don't think we have ran hardly any since that run.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment