So I have been a big blog slacker here lately. The end of December was filled with many different Christmas parties, then January came and went in a blink. Since my last blog John and I have been pretty busy. After the run we got ready for Christmas. Christmas morning was a nice time with John and I opening presents and enjoying some free time. That afternoon we cooked dinner and got ready to enjoy the company of some good friends out here.
John actually had New Years off this year also, so we spent the night ringing in the New Year at a friend's house. We enjoyed spending time with lots of friends, eating dinner then watching the many fireworks at mid-night.
January was a fun month of spending time in some nice weather, and getting ready for a big trip. The circus came to town, so John and I went with some friends who were taking their kids to enjoy seeing the animals. It was a fun night.
We finished of January with one of the best trips ever. GERMANY!!. Ever since I was able to walk my parents took me snow skiing. When I was little I can remember saying that one day I would ski in the Alps. Well that dream finally came true in the Bavarian Alps of Germany. (I will do a blog of just pictures from our trip.) There is a US Army base in southern Germany in the town of Garmisch, and they have a nice resort for military called Edelweiss. We spent a week in one of their cabins enjoying the snow, skiing and sightseeing. While we were in Germany we skied 4 days, went to Neuswanstein Castle, Dachau and around Garmisch. It was an awesome trip and I can't wait for another trip up there.
After the Germany trip we only had a couple weeks to recoup before our next trip, the end of February. John and one of his co-workers, Chris, had a trip to Portsmouth England for work. Since they were going together and myself and Chris' wife, Nicole were going to be here in Italy alone they decided to take us along on the trip. We were in Portsmouth for 8 days and had a really good time. (I will also try and get a post of pics from this trip.) While there Nicole and I enjoyed walks around the ocean and around town, seeing the aquarium, and with the guys we went to London, saw Stonehenge and went up the Spinnaker Tower, and enjoyed some really good food.
That is a real quick overview of the past few months of our lives. Hopefully I can hurry and get all the pics up and few other short blogs and be back to blogging in a timely fashion.
No comments:
Post a Comment