Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, January 12, 2012

12 Weeks!

This post is about a week late I am now just over 13 weeks but I am going to try and write about the pregnancy every 2 - 4 weeks unless something big happens between that time frame. Since we just told people a couple weeks ago I am going to throw the first 12 weeks all in one.

We found out we were expecting when I was a few days short of being 5 weeks, and we were both super excited. Part of me wanted to tell everyone right away and the other part wanted to keep it a secret for a little while, to make sure everything was going ok.

Fatigue: Not much changed for me in the first few weeks, except being really tired. I couldn't make it through the day without having to take a nap at some point. This was really different for me. Growing up and still since living out here I always have energy and am always on the move so being so tired was a hard adjustment, especially when we were on vacation in Germany and Austria when I was around 6 weeks. I wanted to just go, go, go but by mid afternoon or so we would have to go back to the hotel so I could lay down for a little while.

The fatigue has kept up ever since. When we were in the states I would get tired but for the most part I think I did a pretty good job keeping up with the rest of the family. It has got a little better but there are still days that I will get in a nap if there isn't much else going on.

Morning Sickness: I was really worried about this symptom of pregnancy. You always hear the stories of women being sick and throwing up all day for the entire 1st trimester. Well I am lucky enough to say that I have yet to throw up but nausea is another story. This really didn't even hit that back until I was closer to 8 weeks pregnant. It started a little bit before we left for the states, but the first time I really felt real bad was the weekend I was in MN. By the time I got down to TX I was doing a lot better, I don't know if jet lag had a play in it or what, but it did get a lot better for a few weeks.

I did still get nauseous at times, but not all day or really bad. Then we got on the plane and flew back to Italy and all that changed. I thought that the nausea had been bad before but that was nothing compared to how I felt when we got back to Italy. I was almost 12 weeks and didn't even get off the couch for a few days I felt so bad, and to go with that I had no appetite. It is starting to get a little better and I hope it gets a lot better after this week.

Food Cravings/Aversions: Before getting pregnant I wondered what weird craving s I would get, but there really haven't been that many so far. Although even if there were it might be kind of hard to full-fill them living over here, so it might be a good thing there haven't been any. The one thing that I can't get enough of is potatoes. Yes, potatoes and cooked anyway: hash browns, French fries, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes I LOVE them all right now. The only other thing and yes you hear this with most pregnant women is pickles. However, I don't know that you could call this a weird craving since I eat pickles all the time.

Now on the flip side there are quite a few things I can't stand the first being chocolate. Yes, anyone who knows me knows I LOVE my chocolate, but while we were in Germany we had some white chocolate covered strawberries and they were really good but after one I didn't want anymore. I even turned them down when John asked me another time if I wanted some. The next thing is really any type of sweets. This one is kind of odd to considering I am starting a bakery, but no cookies or cupcakes for me for now. The last thing I don't like at all anymore is pizza. This is a hard one not to like, especially living in Italy, but yea I can't stand the stuff.

Gender: This is a big question I have been asked, if we know yet or are we going to find out. I have even had people tell me what they think we should do. Well if you know me you know that there is no way in the world I am going to wait until July to find out if I have a sweet baby girl or boy inside me. So the answer to that huge question is YES we will be finding out. I will be 16 weeks at our next appointment and hoping I can find out then!

Well I think that just about covers everything on the pregnancy. Here a a few pictures from the past few weeks and some ultrasound pictures from our last visit.
10 Weeks

Jaide and I being silly...trying to see who's stomach was bigger!
11 Weeks

12 Weeks
These next few pictures were taken at our 12 week appointment.
Measuring the baby.
Side view
Front view with baby waving!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment