Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Guess What?!?!?

Well...as most of you who ever followed our blog know I have not done a very good job of keeping it updated. I do really good for a while then I kind of forget about it or get really busy and don't have time to update it. Good news though, I am through working and have a really good reason to keep it going now.

To really get into this post we are going to rewind back to November, November 13th to be exact. Yes, I know, that is 2 months ago but that is when all the fun started. If I am counting back 2 months and just now telling you about it you can probably guess what the news is....YES WE'RE EXPECTING!!!!

I did a home test that morning before church and was so excited that it was really hard to keep my mouth shut while we were around everyone we knew, but somehow I managed. The pregnancy was confirmed the next day at the hospital. Which I will not get started on the hospital, let's just say their nurses need a refresher course on what to do when a woman confirms a pregnancy.

Now fast forward a couple weeks to Thanksgiving. John and I had been planning different ways we wanted to tell family, and we really wanted to do it in person since we were going to be headed home Dec 2 for a month! However, there was one small problem, I was going to be in Texas for two weeks before he got there and there was NO way I was going to be able to keep my mouth shut that long. So we decided to skype with my family Thanksgiving night and tell them the BIG news!!!

Even though I am 25 years old and happily married for over 2 years I was still a little nervous to tell my parents. I knew they would be really excited for us, but still, they are my parents lol!! When we got all of them on the camera together all I said is John and I have some news, and that was the end of us telling. My mom and sister knew right away what we were going to say, and started jumping around with huge smiles on their faces. Dad was really excited too, but I think we caught him by surprise!! It didn't take him long to catch on though and was congratulating us as well!!

So that is when all the fun really started for us. I was around 7 weeks pregnant a few days before we left for the states and was able to get an ultrasound before we left, just to make sure everything was looking good since it was going to be over a month before my first appointment, when we got back from the states.

So John and I enjoyed our time in Texas and telling the rest of the family!! My grandparents (both sides) and Great-grandmother were all very excited too!! This is going to be the first grandchild, first great grandchild and first great great grandchild, in the family!

Before John and I left Texas, my parents and Bri took some great pictures for us. This is how we announced our pregnancy.
This one is my favorite
We also got some good pics of the two (or three) of us!










Thank you so much Bri, Dad and Mom for the GREAT pictures!!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment