Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, February 3, 2012

16 Weeks

We are getting closer to being half way through this pregnancy!!! This last 4 weeks has flown by, and we have had our 16 week appointment. Everything went really good at the appointment and the baby's heartbeat is doing good!! I was so relieved that everything is still right on track. Although the appointment did seem kind of pointless seeing as they didn't do much. They checked my vitals, which were all good and the baby's heartbeat and that was about it. The doctor did go over what to expect around 20 weeks and let me tell you I can't wait!!! So on to the pregnancy notes.

Fatigue: This subject seems to be getting somewhat better. I have been going to the gym and working out more and not taking as many naps. Now I didn't say they are all cut out haha. Some I can go all day without sleeping and others I have to have at least an hour nap to get through. I am starting to get a little more energy but not a whole lot.

Morning Sickness: So I have been told and read that this is supposed to disappear in the second trimester or around 16 weeks, but that isn't really happening for me. I have talked to my mom and aunt and they both informed me that I was crazy if I thought it was going to go away since they were both sick for the entire 9 months. It isn't horrible and I am still not actually getting sick I just have those days when I am nauseous still. Some days are definitely better than others and most of the time I am good until around 7 or 8 at night then it hits. So I has gotten better I just hope it keeps getting better!

Food Cravings/Aversions: When it comes to food not a whole lot has changed in what I like and don't like. I still can't eat pizza, chocolate or sweets. I made sugar cookies the other day and had a bite of one of them and they just didn't taste good then my stomach started hurting, so needless to say, I will stay away for a while still. Then on the other side I will still eat potatoes anyway and salty foods!

There one thing in the food department that I don't like is not having an appetite. I have never hardly had this problem in my life, I always eat. Here lately though nothing sounds good at all and when we do sit down I can take a few bites and be done because it doesn't taste good to me. I am hoping that this symptom will pass soon!

Gender: Now this is a subject I really don't want to get into!!!! As most of you know, that have kids anyways, you can find out the gender of your baby around 16 weeks. Well in the military you do get a few ultrasounds at some of your check-ups (or in Italy you do, however, we didn't have one at this last appointment). These are just done in the doctor's office on a small portable ultrasound machine. Then they have the big heavy duty ultrasound machine that is brand new in the radiologist office. Radiology is where they send you for the big scans (gender and lots of baby measurements) but they WILL NOT do this scan until 20 weeks. Trust me I tried to talk the doctor into telling us and I got shut down real quick each time. So now we have to wait another month until we can find out. I am not happy about this but the time will fly by.

February is going to be a super busy month for us and I am looking forward to all of it except my best friend leaving at the end of the month. So there should be lost of post, not just about the baby, to keep up with!!
15 Weeks
15 Weeks
16 Weeks
16 Weeks

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment