Remember a few posts back when I talked about all the snow we had been getting. During that post I also talked about trying to go skiing one of those days and it didn't really work out for us. Well when we got back from Paris it had still been snowing a little off and on but not near like the week before, and from what we could tell the roads had been cleaned up, so we decided to give it a try again. This time we were much more successful!!
We left our house fairly early to get a good start on the day. When we got to the point where we had to turn around last time and we able to keep going we were very excited. The roads were fine the whole way up there and we had no problems getting there. The only problem we had were that the snow banks on the side of the road were almost as tall as our pick-up (You will see in some of the pics).
The day we chose to go up ended up being a perfect day. We went on a Friday, hoping it wouldn't be too crowded, and we got just that. There were not that many people on the mountain that day, the snow was AWESOME, and the weather wasn't bad itself. It was a very pretty sunny day, but the wind was blowing some at the top of the mountain and it was super cold, but it was a BLAST!!
The snow maze we got to drive through to get to the ski resort
Part of the Mountain Range
Getting closer
Looking down into the valley
My had was sticking out of the window as far up as I could reach and I still mostly got the snow bank
Panoramic from the top of one side of the mountain
John and I getting ready for one of our first runs down the mountain
The long COLD ride back to the top
This was at the top on another side of the mountain
So much snow everywhere!!!

John coming down the run...you can see how many people where around us
Trying to spray me...but he needs some more practice lol
My turn!
This was a run off of the top of the mountain, it was a lot colder up there but there was no one up there so we stayed around that area for a while
Baby G's first ski trip!!
Last run of the day
I wish we could have made it up a couple more times this year, especially with all that amazing snow, but I am just happy we got one good trip in!
No comments:
Post a Comment