Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Command Party

The command John works for throws a party every summer to get people together, hang out and have a good time. This year the party was this past Saturday and luckily John didn’t have to work, or else not during the day. John had a mid watch (night shift) on Friday night and got home at 7:30 Saturday morning. We had talked about the party before he went into work on Friday and decided that he would come home sleep for a few hours then we would head up to Carney Park.

We ended up leaving the house around 12:30 that afternoon, picked up a friend and where at Carney a little after 1. We missed the huge lunch crowd of everyone eating as soon as the food was ready. They grilled up some hamburger patties and hot dogs and everyone brought sides and desserts to go along with them.

After most everyone finished eating John and some of the other people he works with made their way over to the horseshoe pit and played a few rounds of horseshoes before they all made their way to the baseball diamond to play a game of softball.

I really enjoyed getting the meet and visit with some of the other wives while John played. I hadn’t met hardly any of the wives of the guys John works with before the party so I was excited to finally get out and meet some of them. Everyone that I met was super nice and I really enjoyed their company. It is also good to know that there are some people out here that John and I can hang out with that are still here for 2 more years as well. Most everyone I had met up to this point have already moved back to the states, or are moving in the next couple months.

Once the guys finished their softball game everyone gathered around the bleachers and just relaxed, talked and watched the little kids play with a t-ball set that one of the parents had brought.

We finally left Carney around 7:30 that night but it was a fun day and I am really glad we were able to be there for most of it. I was a little bummed however that the sun wasn’t shinning because I was really looking forward to laying by the pool for a while, but I did fit that in the next day while John went golfing with some of the guys.

John playing some horseshoes

I wish this pic was big enough where you could see his face

Adam Nix
Duane Steele
Trig, not sure of his first name and I believe this is one of Johns new Sr. Chiefs but I could be wrong
Amira helping her dad pick up the horseshoes
John and I after one of his games
Andrew, Adam and Christina Nix's little boy
Amira and Andrew

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment