Friday August 6th came and went with no word on the results. Then John left Sunday (2 days later) to go out of town, to Cyprus, for work. I just had this feeling the results were going to come out and I wasn't going to find out if he made it or not. On Monday he was talking to his Master Chief about different things and results came up and he told John they would be out Friday the 13th. I knew John was still going to be gone but I know him and he will call me as soon as he knows something so I wasn't as worried about not finding out soon since I had another date.
Well everything changed Wednesday night around 7:30. I was on the phone with mom and messing around on the computer. I signed into facebook to see a status update from a friend that was stationed out here when I first got out here, her husband worked with John, he statues was "Brad made Chief." I froze when I saw that because at that point I got excited, nervous and wanted to know about John. Of course his phone was dying, so he would turn it on just to call me then turn it back off, he also didn't have a way of charging it because he had the wrong wall outlet converters. Anyways I had hung up with him not even 5 min before I saw Whitney's update. So I told mom the results were out and I had to call John. When I dialed his number I got the message that you get when your phone is off. I dried one more time just in case he would turn it on, but I got nothing.
I got back on the phone with mom and was kind of freaking out because I wanted to know and I couldn't get a hold of John. At that point I noticed my good friend from Hawaii, Megan, was on facebook so I started asking her. She had no idea results were out, so she called Don, another friend of ours, to see if he knew anything, he was up for chief also. He knew results were out but he was driving to work when she called so he didn't know anything but that someone had told him the main list wasn't out yet but that you had to check your personal profile. At that point I didn't think I was going to find out for a while because I couldn't get a hold of John to let him know, and he didn't have internet at his hotel.
I stayed on the phone with mom because I needed someone to talk to and she was curious or not if he made it also. After about 10 min or so the main list was finally released and Megan sent me the link. I knew John was an ET so I scrolled down to the ET section and didn't see his name, but something inside me told me to keep scrolling down. As I did there was and ET for nuclear and ET for communications so then I thought I was in the right place and sure enough right in the middle of the list under G was Glamm John. I was so excited at that point that I couldn't even talk, just ask my mom. So I wrote back to Megan and she said if his name is on the list he made it so YES he made Chief.
I still couldn't believe it then a friend of ours, was on chat and wrote a congrats to John to me and asked if I had heard yet. So that is when it finally sunk in that John was selected to be a Chief. Once we finally knew for sure I hung up with mom, they were trying to eat lunch through all that, continued talking to Megan and tried calling John off and on for a while, but finally gave up after about an hour or so.
Around 10 that night one of our phones rang and I had a feeling it was John, I really wanted to let him give me the great news but I was so excited to hear his voice that I answered and said Congrats Babe. All he could say was "How did you know? I just know found out." I had already known for 2 hours so I told him the story about how I found out. But his Master Chief had just told him so he, stepped outside the bar to call me.
I have heard and saw John really excited in my life, when he made 1st class, when we got engaged and married and when he made board, but I have never in my life heard him as excited as he was that night on the phone. I was so happy and excited for him, and he deserved this so much, he works so hard at his job and this just proved to him how much he does do. A cool thing about it was he found out on his 7 year anniversary of joining the Navy.
He is finally getting to come home today, should land in about half an hour, and perfect timing since our anniversary is tomorrow!! So we get to celebrate together, and I made a cake for him since I had a couple days after finding out before he would be home.
CONGRATS ETC (SEL) GLAMM!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment