This past Saturday, there was a family fun and fitness day out at Carney Park. To kick off the day they had a 1 mile family mud run, then a 5K mud run. This isn't exactly what I was expecting when I heard it was a mud run. I have seen pictures from some back in the states and they look so fun, but this one was just, either a mile or a 5K with 2, 3 1/2 foot mud holes in them.
I didn't run, I am working on running but not up to running a 5K yet, but some of our friends ran and John had to run in it. I went and cheered them all on, watched the kids and took pictures.
John was a little nervous because he has never run a 5K but he did great. He ran with the other CPO Selectees and they ran in formation so it was nice for him to be able to keep a steady pace with them all.
The CPO Selectees warming up
Sequoia, Ben, Madison and Jaden all getting ready to run the family 1 mile mud run
Sequoia starting off the run
Sequoia did AWESOME!!
Ben helping Jaden through the mud hole all the way to the finish
Ben starting off the 5K run
Beth coming through the mud hole during one of her laps ~ they had to do the loop 3 times
The Selectees coming through

Sequoia holding Rydon during the 5K
Here they come for their last lap...
..and it was time to celebrate
This was John at the end of the run...Gross
John doing an interview for AFN (Armed Forces Network)
Aw, I would have run/walked it with you ... well, maybe if it didn't have all those mud pits! lol. looks like the people who did it had fun anyways! :)
ReplyDeleteyea they had a good time! John was proud of himself, it was his first ever 5K. I have been running and trying to get my body in shape, there is a Remembrance 5K Run on 9/11 and a bunch of friends are running it, so i am thinking about it, but they are all training for a marathon so they run a lot faster than me so i don't know if i will do it or not yet lol.
ReplyDelete