When I was growing up we always looked foward to spring break because that meant it was time to head to the mountains to ski. I have been snow skiing since I could walk and living in Hawaii the past few years I didn't have the opportunity to go as often. I did make it a couple of times when I was down but not every year. well when I got out here with John skiing came up and we were informed that there was a ski mountain about 2 hours from where we live. I was super excited so I called my parents and had them ship all my ski clothes out to me and John hit up the store and bought him some stuff. I finally finished getting all my stuff out here this past week so we were able to go up today.
On the drive up to Roccaraso I was getting a little nervous, it poured on us most of the way there, but once we started climbing in the mountains it turned to snow. Yesterday the mountain got around 10 inches of snow so the snow conditions were awesome today. It snowed on us most of the day but it was still around 30* so it wasn't too bad.
John hasn't skied since he was in Jr. High so this was more of a re-learning day and getting used to it all again. He did really good today, he only had a few major falls but he got up and kept on going. He has to get the hang of it before we go to Colorado in March so he can keep up with my family, lol. A few more days out here though and I think he will be ready for it.
This was on the drive up to Roccaraso
A little town on a hill
Driving through some trees
Finally there
The bunny hill, where we spent most of the day
At the truck getting all bundled up
John was a little cold trying to get ready
All ready to go
Skiing beside John, he was getting the hang of it
A view of some of the Mountain, most of it was covered with fog
This was a huge snow bank
A gust of snow came blowing by as I took this picture
One of the lifts, today it just went into the clouds, we couldn't see the end of it
It was clearing up a little when we left so this is a pic of one of the lifts that we took, you can really only see the top of it
A clearer picture of the bunny hill
These were on the way back home, you could actually see around you besides just the road and fog. Some fields in the valley of the 2 moutains
Some more fog
A church with a big cross at the top of a hill
The town of Roccaraso
again
No comments:
Post a Comment