This summer before John and I got married we were blessed with 2 different wedding showers, one in Texas and one in Minnestoa. During the showers we got lots of stuff for our house and wondered how we were going to get it all to Italy. Once we were married and John turned in everything telling the navy we were married they offered to ship all of my stuff from Texas to Italy for free. Back in October they came to my parents house in Texas and packed up all the wedding gifts and a few other personal items. They were all supposed to be delivered Dec. 21, 2009. We John called that week he was told that they weren't here yet but to try back the 2nd week of January. So, he called back then and it was in Italy but not with the delivery company yet, so it was going to be the next week. Yesterday we were finally able to get hold of the company and they delivered all our stuff today.
I was so excited to finally get it all here, but I wasn't really thinking about having to deal with putting it all away. A bunch of what we had was decorations and pictures frames for around the house so that I was looking foward to putting up. However, the other half of the stuff was all things for the kitchen. Our kitchen is not big at all, so it was a bit of a headache trying to get it to all fit. Some of the stuff we had to box up and but in the storage room for now. We can pull it out as we need it but it is out of the way for now.
Some of the boxes after the movers brought them up
These are the pictures I have for the time being. As you can tell we still have a BIG mess in the living/dining room, so that is was I will be tacking tomorrow. Now comes the fun part though, actually decorating the house. Once I get everything up I will take some more pictures and post them.
How exciting to finally get all of your stuff! The amount of wedding gifts is completely ridiculous but wonderful all at the smae time. And I am so jealous of your mixer!!
ReplyDelete