Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, October 22, 2010

Painting Damigiana's

Oct 4
A good friend of mine out here knows a lady who is an artist. In her spare time she teaches painting classes and paints on Damigiana’s. Damigiana’s are very popular out here and are used to store wine. In the history of Italy they used these round glass jars (they come in all sizes) to store their wine in the cellars instead of in barrels. They are still used today, and you can buy them, or yes, this is kind of gross, you can find them on the side of the road when a family is through with them.

Anyways back to the class, Shannon and her mother-in-law were going to do one of these classes and asked if I would like to join them. Of course I said yes and we headed out to Kristin’s house to paint. I am not an artist at all and don’t have much creative ability so I was a little worried when I agreed to join them. Shannon assured me that it would be fine and that Kristen would help out and show us how to do every step.

She was right; Kristen was very patient and helped the whole way through. My bottle still doesn’t look the best, but for it being the first time, I was happy with it. That day was so much fun and relaxing and I can’t wait to make another girls day of it!!
The bottle when we first got there
First we added the branches
Then the leaves (these were a little trickier)
Shannon and I having a great time
Last we added the grapes, they weren't that bad
My finished bottle


Shannon's mother-in-law, Me and Shannon with out bottles
The 3 bottles!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment