Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, October 25, 2010

Moving

Oct 8-14

As I mentioned in early posts John and I moved. It all happened when John made Chief. There is housing that is for E-7 (Chief) and up and we were really excited that we were eligible to move into that housing. After we got back from Ireland we called and put our name on the waiting list thinking that it could take a few months for a house to be opened up for us, but as John was on the phone the lady said we were the only ones at the time wanting to move and there was an open house so we could move. She then called back the next day and said never mind the family isn't moving so it is going to be Oct. sometime before another house will be open.

Now that all happened in Sept. so we waited and I got a phone call the beginning of Oct. from the housing office needing some paperwork from John. She said there was a house open, but she needed this paperwork saying he was a Chief before we could do a walk-through. I then called John at work and he emailed me what they needed and I took it into the office and got the walk-through all set up for a couple days later.

On Oct. 8 we did our walk-through of the house at Parco Eva. Parco Eva is considered base housing but it is not on base, it is about 10 minutes from Support Site, which is where we were living. It is now Chief and Officer living, it used to be open to everyone (US government workers, military and civilians) but with everyone wanting to live there they changed the rules a few years ago to Chief and Officer only. Our walk- through went great and John and I both really liked the house. If you remember we lived in a small 2 bedroom apartment. The second bedroom we used as an office and barely big enough for that, not sure how you were supposed to use that as another bedroom. There was also no room to have friends over for dinner or game night or anything fun like that.

Our new house at Parco Eva, is a nice 3 bedroom HOUSE, no more apartment!! It is three stories with the bottom floor being the basement. It doesn't really have walls, it is just a big open area separated by the stairs. It also has a closed off storage area and a door to the garage. The middle or main floor has our living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room (with toilet and sink in it) and a small balcony (door to the balcony is from our kitchen). Then the top floor has the master bedroom, 2 more bedrooms (we use one for the office) and 2 bathrooms. Needless to say, we have plenty of room now and we or I love it.

On the way back to the housing office after the walk-through we asked how soon we could have the keys to start moving in. She said they usually give them to you on a Friday morning and you only have 3 business days to move. We asked her if there was any way we could get the keys that day, since it was a long weekend (Columbus Day holiday) had they agreed so we had from Friday the 8th to Thursday the 14 to get moved.

Thanks to some awesome friends we were able to get everything moved in and partially set up before John went TAD to Rota, Spain. I know for me I am still getting used to having all this extra space, and having 2 sets of stairs to go up and down every time I need something but it is so nice. I will try and get some pictures up sometime but, with the move we don't have our internet set up here at the house yet so we are using a friends pre-pay wireless card, so we have to be careful how long we are on the internet and what all we do (it works on how much you download or something like that).

I am heading back to the states tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get the blog all caught up with pics of the house, not everything is set up and decorated yet, then our trip to Spain, and things going on while I am home!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment