Last month I talked about my running experience and goals for the summer. Well there is a group of people that John and I hang out with a lot and they informed me that there was another 5k, but this one was in Naples. It was the Susan G Komen, Race for the Cure Italia, John and I decided to sign up for it and run with everyone else.
By the time the run finally came around, mine and John’s plans had changed a little. Two days before the run we got a call that we could look at a house that we had been waiting to move into, so we did and we liked it so we got the keys (that is another post later). Anyways, the run was on Sunday and John had to work Saturday night but, at one point decided that he would just sleep after the run and still run it. However, with us in the middle of a move he decided it would be best if he skipped the run and went home to sleep for a couple hours then continued moving stuff.
So that Sunday morning I met up with the other group of people and we headed to the front of base where they had arranged 3 charter busses to take everyone from base to downtown Naples. There were a ton of people there but it was a great time. We all messed around for a little while before the race started (we got there an hour before it started), then we ran. The run wasn’t too bad and most of it was along the water so it was a nice view and helped keep my mind off of running. The end of the run was not as nice though, it was a huge hill and I was not a fan of it at all!
After the run we had close to 2 hours to mess around before the busses left to head back to base. Roy, Ben, Beth and I all stuck together and grabbed some snacks and just walked around downtown, till it was time to leave. I was very pleased with my time again, it was 35 min exactly, which is a little longer than last time, but Roy wears a runners watch that has GPS or whatever in it and tells him how long he runs (distance wise) and the run was close to 3 ½ miles instead of just over 3. So I will take it and now I need to start running again so I can run a 5k with my sister when I am back in the states!
Beth and Beth on the bus to the race
No comments:
Post a Comment