Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Espana!

October 17

Im sorry I am way behind on the blog. With our trip to Spain (fixing to blog about it) and then coming home I haven’t had a lot of time to get it up to date. I am going to try and get it going again but it is going to take me a few days to get it all caught back up.

On Sunday October 17th John and I got on a flight out of Naples and headed Rota, Spain. John had to go out to Rota to meet a boat for work, and I just tagged along with him. So the first few days we were there John was working most of the time and I hung out at the hotel. We stayed at the hotel on base so I didn’t have much I could do. When we got to Rota we had to get a special car pass to get our rental car on base, then John had to have his orders with his ID to get on base. Since you had to have orders and a military ID I wasn’t able to leave base without John because I couldn’t get back on.

By the time we got to Rota on Sunday night it was already dark and too late to really do much so we checked into the hotel and just grabbed dinner on base. Monday, John didn’t have to be to the boat until 1:30 that afternoon, so we got up and drove around base to see what it was like and looked around the NEX. We also got me a few snacks and some lunch food for the next few days. Monday night we were able to go out in town for dinner, but it was already dark so I wasn’t able to get any pictures. Tuesday John had to work pretty much all day. He left early that morning and had like 45 minutes to an hour off for lunch so we ate lunch together real quick then that night when he got home we just ate dinner on base again.

The boat was doing really good so John was able to finish up early with them, so he was done with his work by 11am Wednesday. That afternoon we ate lunch together then we headed down into Rota to look around. Rota is more like Sorrento, Italy, it is very much a summer town and since we were there in October everything was pretty much shut down already. We were able to look at a Castle, but couldn’t go in, then we were able to see one of the churches. It was relatively small compared to a lot of churches we have been in but it was still cool to look at.

After looking at the castle and church we had a little more time to burn before it was time to go eat, so we headed to the beach. That is one major thing Rota has going for it…a beautiful beach. It was so big and pretty, and there was a nice sidewalk with benches that ran alongside the sand. I would love to be there in the summer time when you could enjoy it all. Then it was time to head out to dinner. We were meeting one of the guys that John used to work with for dinner that night (He is getting stationed in Rota and was there for the week). I was so excited to eat Mexican food, and the place we chose was really good.
These first two pictures where taken on our drive from Sevilla to Rota on the first day

A cannon in Rota
Typical European street...very small
The Moon Castle
The castle was closed when we got there and wasn't going to open until we were going to be at dinner, so we were not able to look around inside.


The Church in Rota
Anyone who knows me, knows I like palm trees!!
John walking into the church
One of the side rooms in the Church
Ceiling of the side room...so much detail in that small room
The organ
The ceiling in the main area of the church had two different types of architecture
This was a little arch you drove through when driving down one of the streets
First view of the beach from the road
The beach was so big and pretty






Not sure what this was from but it was cool looking
Tide pools

Lighthouse
Another huge beach, I couldn't even fit the whole beach in the picture
Stepped back a little ways and got a little more of it all

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment