Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Make a Wish 5K

November 6
When I was getting ready to head back to Texas Bri knew I had been running and asked if I would like to run a 5K with her. Her really good friend is in the Chi Omega Sorority and they were working with Make a Wish and the 5K was their fundraiser. Friday night Mom, Dad and I spent the night in Amarillo that way we wouldn't have to be up any earlier than we already had to be. Bri and I were supposed to be at the start of the run around 7 Saturday morning and it started at 8. When Bri got to the hotel to pick me up Saturday morning it was only 35* outside. We got to the park, where the run was being held, and it was still dark outside and the wind was blowing a little bit, so it felt even colder.

Once the race got started we finally started warming up. I am not a huge fan of running so it was hard to get myself motivated to start, but after about the first 1/4 mile my body started warming up and it wasn't so bad. The run was at a park that was just over a 1 mile all the way around, so we ran in a circle 3 times. I would much rather run straight, than repeat the same thing over and over and over but it wasn't too bad and there weren't any big hills which made it nice. Bri and I ended up finishing the run in 35 min, which I was really proud of considering the run was longer than a 5K.
Right before the run started, the sun was just starting to come up and it was FREEZING outside.
Bri and some of her friends with a running pose
Some of Bri's friends and me getting ready to run ~ Jordan, Danny, Derik, Mat, Bri and I
And Their Off!
Just starting the first of 3 laps

2nd Lap

Starting our final lap
Coming through the finish line
35 Mins
Bri finishing her first 5K
We were a little warmer after the run
With all Bri's friends again after the race
After the run I went with mom and dad to get ready and Bri headed back home to get ready for the day. We grabbed lunch at Saltgrass Steakhouse then shopped around for the afternoon. That night I was able to go to my first football game of Bri's this year. I was excited to go and it turned out to be a really good game, but the Buffs came up a little short.
The WT Buffalo's Football team warming up
The cheerleaders getting ready to start cheering
Bri throwing a standing back
The Alma Mater
Thunder getting ready to run on the field
Bri throwing standing backs after a touchdown
Bucky watching the game
One of the pyramids
Bri and Her good friend Jenna
Running the flags after another touchdown
Bri partner stunting
Bri being Bri after the game
When the game was over we headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for some dinner and finish watching other college football games. All in All it was a very good Saturday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment