Friday was our last day in Spain, and I really wanted to make it to Seville. John agreed to drive the hour and a half to Seville but he wanted to leave a little later in the day. His brother, Terry, is stationed in Spain and flew in the day before, so John wanted to see where he worked and what all he did. Terry thought he could get John in so Friday morning John met up with Terry to check out is work. When John got back to the hotel he told me that he got Terry out of work for the day and he was going to join us in Seville.
We grabbed lunch on base then hit the road. The drive up there wasn’t too bad, but there also wasn’t that much to look at. Seville is inland and not on the coast so it was pretty much farm land the whole way up. Most of the farm land was covered in cotton and John and Terry didn’t understand what was going on. Neither of them understood the process behind farming cotton so I tried explaining it to them, but they do it a little different in Spain, so I will try and explain it more later with some pictures I have taken while I have been home.
The first thing we saw when we got out of the parking garage
Our flight left Seville at 7 in the morning and we were a 2 hour drive away from the airport. We ended up leaving Rota between 3 and 3:15 that morning and made it to the airport in plenty of time. We messed around the airport, pretty much sitting at our gate since nothing was open and waited for the flight. We made it back to Naples with out any problems and we even got our luggage. It was a great trip and I would love to go back in the summer to enjoy the great beaches!!

No comments:
Post a Comment