Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Headed Home

November 21st
After we finished looking at all the monuments and memorials we headed back to Megan's to finish getting everything ready to go. We only had about an hour or so before we needed to head to the airport so we didn't even go to sleep. Our flight was at 6 that morning and they said we needed to allow at least an hour to get to the airport and an hour and a half at least to check in and get through security. We ended up leaving around 3:45 that morning and made it to the airport with no problems, so we were there way early. We had to mess around for about 45 min or so before security opened, but once we got through security the rest of the day went smoothly.

We got back to Amarillo right before lunch, so we grabbed some food and headed to Bri's house in Canyon. Mom came up later that day and met us at the movies. We have read all the Harry Potter books and watched all the movies, so of course we had to catch the newest one before I left. Once the movie was over we had dinner together and mom and I headed back home so I could get repacked and ready for my trip back to Italy.

November 22
This was my last full day in the states so I made my rounds with the family so I could tell them all bye. I helped mom out at work for a little bit that morning before heading into town to see my great-grandmother then my aunt and her family. That night Bri came home and Mom, Bri and I went to Clovis to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Shoguns, one last time. Dad was in the middle of stripping cotton so he wasn't able to eat with us.

November 23
Time to fly back to Italy. My flight was just after lunch so from Lubbock, so mom and I headed up there early so I could pick up a couple last minute things. Then we met up with Britt, Jaide and Maci for one last lunch together. Mom and I left from the restaurant and headed straight to the airport and I got there exactly 1 hour before my flight left.

Mom dropped me off so that I could get checked in, while she parked the car. When I walked in there was no one at the American Airlines counter and I was really confused. I tried using the kiosk set up there to check in but it wouldn't do anything. I talked to the TSA guy standing there and he said AA didn't have a flight at the time I was saying. I then pulled up my email on my phone and showed him the time. He said he didn't know what was going on but there wasn't a flight. Then mom walked in the airport so I told her what was going on.

About that time is when a worker walked out of the office so I asked her what was going on and she said the flight had been moved up an hour and gave me a number to call. When I called that number a guy answered and said he would come upstairs and figure it all out. The guy who then showed up was very rude and not much help at all. He slammed a piece of paper on the counter and said "you missed your flight it was moved up an hour and we emailed you the change on September 19th." I then checked my email again and had no email confirming the change. I asked if there was any way to get me to Italy later that day and he said there were no flights available the soonest was the next day. When I asked about the flights he got super mad and said he wouldn't help me and turned around and walked out of the room.

Mom then got on the phone with reservations to try and get it all figured out and I called John to tell him I was going to be late, and explain to him what was going on. He also got on the phone but requested to talk to a supervisor. Between him and mom they got me on a flight 2 hours later. Once I got on that flight the rest of the trip went just fine. I made it to Rome around 5 the next afternoon and John was there to pick me up.

We made the, what ended up being about 3 1/2 hour drive home safely and in time for me to get some sleep.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment