Sunday morning I woke up kind of sad because John was at work and I hadn't heard from anyone else, so I slept in and got a lazy start on the day. Then around 12:00 noon I got a call from Whitney asking if I wanted to join her and her family at a friend's house for a late lunch. I was excited and said I would love to as long as she didn't mind picking me up, and she goes on to say "I am on base right now how long will it take you to be ready". At this point I still needed to take a shower and wash my hair so I asked her to give me a call when she was leaving base and I would let her know if I was ready or not. That was the fastest shower and hair drying I think I have ever done but I was ready when she called 30 minutes later.
We went back to her house and messed around for a couple of hours. She was making a dish to take over to her friend's house then she let her kids paint eggs. After they finished with that it was time to head over to Bridget's for lunch. Her and her husband had cooked up a really good brisket with a few different sides, then for dessert she had strawberry shortcake with the fresh strawberries from the man on the side of the road. Yes, we all buy fruit from the market or there is a guy at the front gate of base that sells strawberries and they are delicious.
After we finished with the late lunch another lady, Christina, had reserved 2 lanes at the bowling alley for the Easter Egg-stravagnza Bowl that night. So we headed to the bowling alley on base to have a little fun bowling. As much as I stink at bowling it is always fun and a good time.
Right before our 2 hours of bowling were up John got off work and met us at the bowling alley. So we headed home and relaxed the rest of the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment