So we started off the day packing everything up so we could get checked out and started on our journey back to Texas. Our first stop was the Denver International Airport where we had to say bye to Megan and Don. Luckily the weather was a lot better for this drive than our last trip to the airport.
After dropping them off we started towards home but planned on a quick stop in Colorado Springs. Some of our friends, that are also in the Navy, just got transferred to Colorado Springs so we had lunch with them. It was really good to see them again, the last time we say Adam was before we left Hawaii almost a year ago, and the last time we say Amanda and Maddie was in August. It was good to see them again and get to play with Maddie for a little bit. Maddie will be a year old in April and I couldn't believe how much she had grown in the 7 months since we had saw her last.
When we finished with lunch we hit the road again and headed straight for home. We had a few breaks along the way but ended up getting home around 10:30 that night.
We had so much fun in Colorado and I can't wait to meet up with my family there again next spring. I just hope it works out to where John and I will both be able to go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment