When Saturday rolled around no one really knew what was going on. Everyone but Don, Megan, John and I were supposed to leave that morning but with all the snow they weren’t able to. So we all slept in and made plans as the day unfolded.
By the time everyone got up and started getting ready it was already getting close to lunchtime. Don and Megan really wanted to eat at an Olive Garden so we looked it up and it was only about 20 minutes away. Everyone agreed that that sounded good for lunch so we packed up and headed that way.
One our way home from lunch we made a stop by the buffalos. There is a spot right off the interstate where the State of Colorado feeds buffalos in the winter, so they all come and hang out. They have it all fenced off but you can walk up to the fence and take pictures with them in the background. All the little kids loved it and they all made the WT sign when taking pictures.
Then our plan was to go back to the hotel and make a snowman but we were also wanting to go back into Winter Park and Snow tube one last time. It took us longer than planned at lunch so we didn’t have time to make the snowman, maybe next year. We headed back into Winter Park and the temperature outside had dropped down to around 20 or so, and the wind was blowing so it was freezing. We all just bundled up though and had some fun.
Once our hour there was over we headed back into town to do a little more shopping. I had gone in a ski store the last time we were there shopping and found a pair of skis I really liked. John and I had already talked about buying our own set since we have a mountain 2 hours from where we live in Italy, so I really wanted to check that store out again. When we got there all their ski equipment was 30% off so John and I both got really serious about getting us some stuff. We finally left the store about 3 hours later with a complete set of Skis, boots, poles and bags. I was really excited though, I have wanted my own ski stuff since I was in High School.
After that we headed back to the hotel to sit in the hot tub for a little while and get packed up for the drive home the next day.
i'm glad that everyone was able to stay the extra day ... it was loads of fun! and you're right, there's always next time to make a snowman!!!
ReplyDelete