Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, April 5, 2010

Suicide Trip

March 26
On Friday we decided to take a suicide trip to Ruidoso and go skiing at Ski Apache. John and I were really wanting to use our skis at least once this season since they were new, and we wanted to make sure everything was set right on them. We woke up and were gone around 6:30 that morning. I slept all the way up there so that part of the trip went by really fast. Once we got to Ruidoso we stopped and got mom, dad and Bri some rentals then headed up to the mountain.

I had forgotten how bad the road up to the base of the mountain was and I was scared all the way up. There are very sharp curves all the way up and most of them have drop offs on one side with no guard rails. Thankfully there was some traffic in front of us and they were going slow so it took us a little while but I was completely ok with that

Once we got on the mountain we went to one side and it wasn't very good skiing at all. It was completely iced over from where the snow was melting the day before then freezing that night. We made our way to the other side of the mountain and the snow was much better. After lunch we skied for a couple of hours, then the wind picked up and it wasn't fun at all. The mountain ended up stopping most of the lifts because the wind was so bad.

We ended up calling it a day and changed clothes and headed back into town. Dad and John split up from the girls and headed to the Casinos. Mom, Bri and I went shopping for a couple of hours. Ruidoso has some really cool little shops down the main street and they are fun to just walk through and look around.

Around 6:00 we all met back up at Farley's for dinner then drove back home. Once we got home we had one more Christmas celebration. John and I had already given Bri her presents but she still had ours. So we got to open presents one last time. I kind of liked this long Christmas season, it was fun still opening presents in March.

John and I on one of the lifts
The view from a lift

Terrible...
Who us???
Never!!
John and Dad waiting on us to finish taking pictures
Bri skiing down one of the runs
Me
John's Turn
Dad was last
When we got on this lift the lift runner didn't realize that the wind had blown up have the the seat so I had to sit on the bars. It was not very comfortable at all.
Sliding down to take another picture
No need to explain this one
Now for the climb back up
Going down was so much easier
But we made it, next time I am following Bri back up
DEAD END!
Me coming down another run
Dad hitting a jump
Last pic of the day lol ~ Moonshine Gulch
Opening Christmas presents that night
I got a LOVE wall hanging from Bri
John got some new shirts ~ this was also part of his birthday



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. how were the new skis? looks like you guys still had fun, regardless of the junky weather! :) hope you have a chance to try out those skis in italy!!

    ReplyDelete