Friday was a long day filled with lots of fun. All the girls in the wedding party, plus family and some friends all met up at USA Nails in Clovis for a morning of pampering. We all had a great time getting our nails and toes done and just hanging out with each other. While the girls were off doing that, the guys were busy getting their tuxes all figured out. That only took them about 2 hours. Lol
Bri starting on her nails
Ken starting on mine
Megan relaxing in the massage chair and getting a pedicure Cindy
Tammy
Mom and I
Bri switched and got a pedicure first
Andy, one of the manicurists, and I
Britt signing her and Jaide in
Jaide and I
Michelle
Mom's turn to get her nails done
Crystal
Jaide, she thought she was hot stuff cuz she got to get a manicure and pedicure just like all the other girls
Britt
My turn for a pedicure, and trying to relax
Jaide getting her toes painted
Showing off her nails
Britt and Michelle
Bri and Jaide
Crystal
Mom and Jaide drying their nails
Britt and I
Me, Jaide and Bri
Once everyone was through with that everyone met up at Shoguns to eat some wonderful food. There where way to many of us to eat at one table so we were split among 3 different tables but were all close enough to visit with each other. Lunch took a while mainly because they cook right in front of you so we had to wait around for the cooks to make it to all the tables.
Noni and Pop
Jaide, Britt and Jett
John and I
Dillon and Bri
Michelle and Crystal (their sisters)
Megan and Don
Angie and Angela
Chuck, Steven and Gavin
Tom, Eric, Joe and Terry
Steven and Gavin
I think they were kinda in shock
The group around our table minus Megan and Don
The rest of the afternoon was pretty open for everyone. John and I had to meet up with Ken, the preacher, that afternoon before everyone got to the church for rehearsal. That night we had rehearsal which took about an hour, so it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t know that at rehearsal the bride isn’t supposed to act as the bride, she is supposed to watch and make sure all is going right, so Bri acted as bride and we just didn’t have a maid of honor. Once rehearsal was over we had our rehearsal dinner in the fellowship hall of the church. Michael and Denise Dunham catered the meal and it was great. We had sliced bar-b-que and sausage and all the sides, they could not have done any better.
After rehearsal going through the line to get some food
Gavin trying to hide behind the chair
Don ready to dig in
Jett and Jaide
Jaide playing around in the play room
They needed a little time to play
Bri and Dillon
Britt and Clay
Part of the wedding party and friends
More family and Ken, our preacher
Don, Michelle, Angela and Tom
Steven and Chuck
John and Dad
John and I
Jaide opening her present
Jaide and Bri with their crosses
Steven with is coolie
Megan with her cross
After rehearsal John and I said goodbye again. We went about the wedding day as tradition holds and didn’t spend the night together or see each other until I walked down the aisle.
John and I have known each other since January 2007. He proposed in March 2009 when we were still living in Hawaii. Our wedding was on August 15, 2009 and I could not have asked for anything better. John is stationed in Naples, Italy and we have been living here for 2 years now. We have loved our travel opportunities and are quickly running out of time to finish off everything we still want to do. We should be transferring around May of next year, so we have just under a year left.
No comments:
Post a Comment