Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 1 - Rome

June 22
Bri flew into Rome on Tuesday June 22, she was supposed to land at 9:15 in the morning so John and I were going to bed early the night before so we would be ready to go early the next morning. Well before we went to bed I talked to mom and Bri's flight had been delayed. We watched it online for a little while before we went to sleep and it said she was going to be landing an hour late. Mom finally called us early in the morning to let us know that she had taken off over an hour late so we could sleep a little longer in the morning.

John and I ended up leaving the house a little after 8 that way we would be to Rome around 10 when her flight was supposed to land, (Rome is a 2 hour drive or little longer, as we found out yesterday.) We ran into some traffic on the way but it took Bri about an hour to get through customs and get her luggage, so we were waiting for her when she walked out.

Once we met up with her we left the pick-up parked at the airport and took the train into the center of Rome so we could do a little sightseeing. Mostly we just wanted Bri to stay awake as long as possible so she would get adjusted to the time difference easier.
Bri and I on the Train
Waiting for the Metro (subway)
Bri liked all the graffiti
We went to Vatican City first to look around there. We were going to go into St. Peter's Basilica but once we got over there the line to get in wrapped over half way around Vatican City. We decided we didn't want to stand in line that long so we continued on around Rome.
Walking up to Vatican City

One of the Guards
St. Peter's Basilica
Bri and I in front of St. Peters

John and I in front of the Basilica
Bri and I with one of the Guards
Our next and final stop for the day was Fontana di Trevi, Trevi Fountain. I have heard about the fountain before an saw pictures of it but had never seen it in real life. I wanted to go so bad so once we finally found it I was in amazement. The fountain was huge and nothing like what I was expecting.
Walking around trying to find Trevi Fountain

Fontana di Trevi





Bri getting ready to through in her Euro

My turn

And John was last

This fountain was amazing


Once we left Trevi Fountain it was starting to rain and Bri was getting really tired, so we decided it would be best to head on home and go back to Rome another day. Once we got back to the car and headed out of Rome we ran into traffic. We were stuck in traffic for about an hour, but still got home at a decent time. Bri was able to get some sleep so she would be ready to go nice and early the next morning.
At the train station headed back to the airport. Not real sure what the cows were for but there were 3 different ones.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment