Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 14 - Ercolano

July 5
When we were in Rome the last time, we didn't make it to the Harley Davidson store before they closed, so Bri was wanting to go back so she could get dad and Pop each shirts from Rome. So we woke up and got ready to head back into Rome for a little bit. We got off a little later than we had planned, due to car troubles. When we got to the car to head out, which we were on time at that point, the car wouldn't start. I knew it had to be something with the battery so I came back up stairs and got on facebook to try and get a hold of someone. Beth happened to be on so she called her husband and work and asked how to jump start a car, so she came over and we got it running. Bri and I took it straight to the autoport, because no lights or anything had been left on. After they looked at it they concluded that the battery was in fact bad so they replaced it and we headed on our way.

We got to Rome right around lunch time and there were cars everywhere. Parking in Rome is hard enough when you drive a little mini or smart car, but I was having to try and park the pick-up and it was not working at all. So I ended up dropping Bri off at the door to the store and she ran in to get the shirts while I drove around the block.

Once she got back in the car we decided to go into the center of Rome so we could grab some lunch before we headed back to Naples. I hadn't drove that far by myself, and when we did go to Rome I never paid attention to where the gas stations are. Here in Italy we have to pay for our gas with gas coupons, so we can on fill up at certain stations. Let's just say that Bri and I coasted into the one we could use as we were running on empty. Once we got filled up we headed back to the house so she could drop off her shirts and we could see what time Ercolano closed.

Ercolano stayed open longer than I thought, so we got back in the car and headed that direction. We walked through pretty quick but Bri was able to see everything and get some pictures.
Getting to Ercolano


Some really old art



She found the shortest column and still couldn't reach the top of it

She said this house was creepy

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment