Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 2 - Caserta Palace

June 23
We were planning on waking up early and going to the Caserta Market, but that didn't happen. We ended up sleeping a little later than planned but we still got a lot done that day. John had to work a mid (night shift) that night so he didn't get to join us for the day.

Once we finally got ready Bri and I headed out to the Caserta Palace. She saw the pictures from when John and I went a few weeks back and really wanted to see the place for herself. We ended up getting caught in traffic on the way there so it took a little longer to get there then we had planned.
The traffic we were stuck in. Bri was trying to get pictures of how close are the cars are when in traffic


After we got to the Palace we decided to start off with the walk through the park up to the English Garden. The weather was still a little cooler and we didn't want to do the walk after it got super hot. The walk through the park also didn't seem as bad as the last time I did it. I think mostly because I knew what we were into and was a lot more prepared.
Looking at the long walk ahead of us
Looking back at the Palace
Bri in front of the Palace
My turn

The trees along the path are all hollowed out
Posing like the statues

We made it to the big waterfall


I was excited to get to walk through the English Gardens, John and I ran out of time last time we were there so it was nice to see what it was all about. It had tons of different trees and plants but we walked through it fairly quick. We were on a bit of a time crunch since we had to get back home in time to get John to work.
Some old ruins in the English Gardens


One of the waterfalls
An old building completely surrounded by water
Some crazy sideways trees


An old greenhouse
After we finished all the stuff outside we walked through the Palace so Bri could see the many different rooms. Everything is set up so differently from the way we see things today so I was glad we had time for her to see it all. Also as we were walking through they had a few different rooms open for you to look at, so there was some stuff that I didn't get to see last time.
The floor in the Chapel
I love the chandeliers in this place
Bri with one of the huge doors
The nursery ~ Baby's Bassinets

One of the bathtubs
A glass chandelier


Bri in front of the Main Staircase
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment